Dear Friends,

I am writing this letter because I know I have a calling on my life, and in order for me to fulfill that calling I need to lose weight. I turn 30 years old in a couple of months, and just getting dressed in the morning is wearing me out right now. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life, and it is time to do something about it.

My life

Both of my parents died before they were 50 years old due to health issues caused by excessive weight. My dad had a heart attack and my mother could not get the liver transplant that she needed because she was overweight. I do not believe that obesity is hereditary, but I do believe that parents pass down eating and exercise habits to their children. I currently weigh 432 pounds. The older I get, the more I realize that I am following in my parent’s footsteps. Over the years, I have tried many diets and hit the gym a few times, but I have only been somewhat successful before my routine falls apart. When I went to donate blood today, they told me that I was too big to get on the chair in the mobile unit. Whenever I have dinner at a restaurant, I have to ask for a table because I cannot fit into a booth. This is my life right now.

My plan

An opportunity is in front of me that could change my life forever. Just like the TV show, The Biggest Loser, my goal is to completely focus on weight loss without any distractions for an entire year. My weight loss goal is 200 pounds, and I will be working with three personal trainers and a nutritionist to help me reach that goal. The nutritionist will set up daily caloric intake and meal plans. The trainers will set up a workout plan that will have me in the gym for five to seven hours a day. Essentially, I am putting my life on hold for one year in order to save the rest of my life.

My need

In order for me to do this, I am asking for your support in several ways. I am asking for a financial commitment, but I am also asking for your prayers and support throughout the next year. I will need people to pray for me that I can be strong when workouts get tough or I feel like giving up. I will need people to work out with me and push me to the next level in many areas. Because this will become my full-time job, I also need $2000 a month to live on. This covers my basic living expenses and the food, vitamins, and supplements that are part of the program. I am looking for 100 people who will commit just $20 dollars a month, or who can donate any amount possible. You can donate online below, or mail a check directly to the address below. I will also use this website to post pictures and blog about my journey. I want the pictures and stories to motivate me and keep the people who are invested in my life updated on my progress. Thank you for any investment you can make into my life. I promise that it will not be wasted, and I will use it in the future through a long healthy life of helping people. I strongly feel like I could be more of a blessing for a longer time if there were less of me.

Gene Milstead

· 8317 Emerald Hills Way #306 · NRH, TX 76180 · 817-705-2727 ·

PayPal Donation

4/16/10

Time for a New Season.

I am so excited as the time is getting closer to start my new journey. We are getting ready to launch the new weight loss journey that I am about to start. This is something that I have been praying about for some time now. I have tried out for The Biggest Looser many times and I have been unsuccessful. What I am doing is putting my life on hold for a year and taking this time to get healthy and lose over 200 pounds. My overall goal is to lose 220 pounds in the next year. I am going to do this through an established diet plan and workout routine. I am going to be at the gym for 5 to 8 hours a day Monday through Friday. I am going to have a set schedule of things to get done each day. My goal is to tone my body as I go. I am also going to have a diet mapped out by a nutritionist who is going to help me manage everything that goes into my body. I am also going to keep updates on this page on a daily basis to keep everyone informed of what I am doing along with helping keep me motivated because I know that you guys are pulling for me and counting on seeing results because of the investments that you are pouring into my life. There will be a lot more to come. Have a blessed day.
Gene

1 comment: